Developing the concept of a Living Enterprise

For the last few weeks I've been developing the structure of the business plan, getting AI images and working on the business plan with ChatGPT.  I'd never used AI  for anything except Google searches before and was really pleased I started working with it.  The first thing I used it for was logo image generation, and as I got more ideas for these images and then their refinement I was impressed with how the images progressed.  


It went from a nice simple logo image to a series of Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter as well as woodland and countryside scenes and then a great image of an overhead view of an ideal flower farm, all within the beautiful round emblem format, with the same font and thistle positioning. 


         



        


As well as the images I gave Chat prompts for the business plan, and it became a really interesting process - after a short time of me outlining my ideas Chat was seeing the patterns in my thoughts and began to articulate the philosophy of Wild Frontier and what it'll produce alongside the workshops  which are all expressions of that philosophy.  



It's quite extensive and will be amazing if it can all be realised.



I learnt to define my prompts more precisely to prevent Chat going off at a tangent along the philosophy path, and while cool to contemplate wasn't helping me define the sections needing explained in the business plan.  But what is good is coming up with the concept of WF being a living enterprise which takes the original idea of being organic and cyclical and gives it a very solid structure.

What it did was effortlessly take my thoughts and articulate them into the WF concept which was fantastic.  My ideas were given real clarification  instead of being unstructured and a bit abstract.

One idea developed which I've already launched is a series of posts called Letters from the Landscape which are observations from the living world; thoughtful, reflective and atmospheric, in that I'll post an image or a video of something in the garden or the countryside which is worth noticing and sharing that experience of nature.  It's nice to share these wee observations

It also created a comprehensive market research section which would have taken so much time for me to do.  I gave it parameters and reference points, plus the market research I'd already done, so now it reads very professionally. 

I was loving getting all these plans formed and taking the ChatGPT conversation and editing it into the business plan document, every chance I had to work on it I edited it a bit more - at breakfast, while dinner was cooking, an hour or so before bed - to get it reading and looking professional but still creative.  It's not yet finished, but certainly getting there and I love how it looks.

So what's next to get done is the practical section: cashflow, start-up expenses, products, equipment, three and five year plans etc, then I can start sourcing funding.  I have an idea of sensible size of land for starting off which is based on the size of garden of the house I live in from age 6 until I moved out, so I'm thinking of the width of a tennis court and 2/3 to 3/4 the length.  I was hoping to be able to join Flowers From The Farm, or the Scottish equivalent Flowers Grown In Scotland this month, but I won't get all the overtime pay from July until my August pay which is quite annoying, cause joining these associations will give me loads more insight into the running of a flower farm.  Once all the monthly bill have been paid I'll see how the bank balance sits, and I might be able to stretch the funds this month!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Childhood Memories